Our hotel on the Island of Elba » our cuisineOurs is a typical Mediterranean cuisine prepared by the owners themselves with both traditional and more modern dishes, such as our Cacciucco: a rich, fish soup, consisting of rock fish, octopus and shellfish cooked in a spicy tomato sauce on top of toasted bread.
The beauty of this dish is that it is not your usual, everyday soup, but something completely different, whose flavour will help you discover how tasty even cheaper fish can be, not forgetting the fact that it is a meal in itself.
We offer a wide variety of both fish and meat dishes, so we are certain we will please everybody, whatever their preference !
The chef suggests:
- spaghetti allo scoglio: very tasty spaghetti with mussels, clams and squid
- ravioli alla pescatora: ravioli with ricotta and spinach, cream, mussels, clams and squid
- orecchiette ai Gamberi: orecchiette with pesto, shrimps and courgettes
- ... and much, much more ...
- fried squid (in batter): the squid are not cut into rings, but vertically, making this dish slightly different and, our guests assure us, even tastier
- fresh fish caught each day: sea bream, sea bass (naturally the availability depends on what has been caught ) cooked in a salt crust, grilled or oven baked
We also have special menus for children. In addition, preparing special dishes for those who suffer from food intolerances or allergies such as celiac disease, or for babies, is no problem for us at all.
When we prepare and cook our food, we always try to use local herbs from the Island, that grow naturally in the country, like 'persa' (wild marjoram) a wild herb used by the local farmers to prepare a soup made with eggs and toasted bread called "Persata".
Now all we have to do is HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR MEALS !!